How do I know if I need a Certificate of Liability Insurance?

A Certificate of Liability Insurance is required for all field, gym and indoor facility rentals, all nonresident picnic rentals, and any picnic rentals (resident or nonresident) serving alcohol or using special equipment such as, but not limited to, additional cooking apparatuses, tents/canopies, bounce houses and other inflatables.

Please see our Rental Insurance Requirements for more information and a sample Certificate of Liability Insurance. If you have any further questions, please contact our office at the Arrillaga Family Gymnasium. We do not require insurance from specific providers, but can give you a list of companies that have worked for other renters in the past.

Show All Answers

1. I’m interested in renting a picnic area. Where can I find more information?
2. How do I know what areas are available and when? Also, how do I know how much space I’ll need?
3. Once I know the area I want is available, how do I reserve?
4. When do I need to pay?
5. How much do I need to pay?
6. How do I know if I need a Certificate of Liability Insurance?
7. Can I add a field to my rental?
8. Can I bring a bounce house to my rented picnic area?
9. What about catered food, cooking apparatuses, food trucks or alcohol?
10. Are there outlets and water sources in the park that I can use for my event?
11. What's the policy on dogs?
12. Is music allowed at the picnic area?
13. I only see picnic areas at Burgess Park and Nealon Park. What if I want to have a picnic at a different city park?