Posted on December 18, 2015 at 1:14 pm by Nicole Acker
On Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2015, the Public Safety Action Team comprised of Belle Haven neighborhood residents, hosted a community dialogue at the Belle Haven Neighborhood Services Center. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss residents’ ongoing concerns about pedestrian and traffic safety, cut through traffic and congestion, and planned developments that may impact traffic problems in and around the neighborhood.
The meeting featured Nikki Nagaya from the Transportation Division who was present to help answer resident questions and to provide information on current and future plans to address traffic concerns. Also present was Sgt. Matt Ortega from the traffic unit in the Police Department to address traffic enforcement questions and Lauren Swezey from Facebook to talk about their future development plans.
Summary notes of the discussion are available, which include:
- Traffic safety on Chilco Street in light of two pedestrians killed by a drunk driver
- Facebook’s plans to work with the City to address pedestrian/cyclist safety on Chilco Street
- Cut through traffic issues in the neighborhood
- Pedestrian safety on the Willow Road overpass
- Future development plans such as the Dumbarton Rail and Trail proposal
- Traffic mitigation measures in the neighborhood
- Safe routes to school
- The role of Caltrans