Posted on August 16, 2021 at 8:10 pm by Clay Curtin
Peninsula Clean Energy is expanding its program that offers rebates of up to $4,000 for the purchase of a used electric vehicle.
San Mateo County residents regardless of income can now receive a rebate starting at $700 for a plug-in hybrid and $1,000 for a fully electric vehicle. Income-qualified county residents can receive a rebate as high as $3,700 for a plug-in hybrid and $4,000 for a fully electric vehicle.
Peninsula Clean Energy is collaborating with GRID Alternatives Bay Area, a leading nonprofit provider of clean energy programs to underserved communities, to administer the used EV rebate program.
- Must apply and be approved by Peninsula Clean Energy before purchase
- Be a San Mateo County resident: For the increased incentive only, residents must meet the qualifying income requirements https://www.peninsulacleanenergy.com/used-ev-rebate-income-qualified-residents/
- Purchase an eligible vehicle:
- Used plug-in hybrid or battery electric EV, 8 years old or newer
- Plug-in hybrid must have a minimum 25-mile all-electric range
- Purchase price before rebate(s) cannot exceed $25,000
More details are available on the Peninsula Clean Energy website.