Posted on November 9, 2020 at 6:44 pm by Clay Curtin
Each of us can do our part to make sure that we continue to recycle, gain knowledge and educate one another on the benefits of recycling. That's what America Recycles Day - observed November 15 - is all about. America Recycles Day is dedicated to promoting and celebrating recycling in the United States.
America Recycles Day educates and encourages individuals on how to be more mindful of what they consume, where and how to properly recycle, and to pledge to recycle more and recycle right in their everyday lives.
Each year focuses on different themes and this year’s is focusing on the individual actions we can all take to collectively address the challenges facing our nation’s recycling system.
Everyone can help by
- Recycling at home, work, school and on the go
- Buying products made with recycled content
- Educating and encouraging friends, family and neighbors
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Conserves natural resources such as timber, water and minerals
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Prevents pollution by reducing the need to collect new raw materials
- Saves energy
- Supports American manufacturing and conserves valuable resources
- Helps create new well-paying jobs in the recycling and manufacturing industries
Use this America Recycles Day to jumpstart your new recycling goals for the upcoming year.
For further information, please visit the Environmental Protection Agency America Recycles Day