On Monday, September 28, 2020, the California Department of Public Health issued guidance on the usage of outdoor playgrounds
. We understand you are eager to visit our playgrounds, and staff is currently reviewing this guidance and developing reopening plans for our community.
The State guidance has many requirements related to the number of people allowed at one time, appropriate signage needed, designated waiting areas, marked spaces within the playground for distancing, established cleaning procedures, and more.
We appreciate your patience and understanding, as we put a plan in place that best serves the health and safety of our community. In the meantime, please carefully review the mandatory safety precautions.
Playground visitors must:
- Wear face coverings at all times (including anyone over 2 years old)
- Don’t crowd and do not use equipment if you can’t maintain 6 feet of distance from others
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after use
- Children must be monitored at all times
- No eating or drinking
- Limit visits to 30 minutes
- Seniors and people with underlying medical conditions should avoid playground when others are present
It’s everyone’s responsibility to follow the rules and play safely to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We hope to complete this work within the next couple of weeks and we’ll provide notice through our website, social media and other City outlets as we are able to reopen playgrounds.