Rethink Waste is excited to announce its Trash to Art contest
, which is open to students in grades 3-5 within its service area. The contest encourages children to collect recyclable or trash materials and create a piece of art in any medium.
- Participants must be third to fifth-grade students in the Rethink Waste service area
- The art piece must be composed of 90 percent from recyclable or trash materials collected from home, school or everyday life
- All art medium are accepted, such as sculptures, collages, murals, etc.
- All artwork should not be bigger than 3 ft. x 3 ft.
- Artwork must meet one of the following criteria: can be framed, weather resistant, stand-alone or mobile by an individual
The contest has two categories: individual and class. An individual student or a class, depending on the category, must make the art piece. A field trip outing to Safari Run, Sky High or Planet Granite, or a pizza party will be awarded to the top two class contest winners and gift cards ranging from $50 to $150 will be awarded to the top three individual contest winners. All winners will be recognized at Rethink Waste Earth Day event Saturday, April 27, 2019.
Submissions are due by Noon, Friday, April 12, 2019, to the Shoreway Environmental Center
. To learn more, visit the Trash to Art contest