Affordable housing resources

Housing Programs and Resources

ECHO Housing 
Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation in the sale or rental of any housing is illegal. Midpeninsula Citizens for Fair Housing handles housing discrimination complaints and works to secure equal access to housing for all people.

Project Sentinel
Provides free education and counseling to community members, housing providers and tenants about fair housing laws. They also investigate complaints and provide advocacy services for those who have experienced housing discrimination. 

Center for Independence of the Disabled, Inc.
Through the Housing Accessibility Modifications Program, grants are available for disabled and/or frail elderly persons to maximize self-sufficiency by eliminating architectural barriers in the home. 

HIP Housing Home Sharing Program
HIP Housing provides home-sharing opportunities in San Mateo County by matching housing providers who have room to share with compatible singles, seniors, or single parents with children. A home-sharing participant has a private room and shares the kitchen and common living areas with the other resident(s) and/or housing provider(s).

Samaritan House South
One of eight San Mateo County Core Service Centers. Offers rent and deposit assistance, emergency shelter, transitional housing and many other supportive services and resources.
Main Office: 1852 Bay Road, East Palo Alto, CA, 94303
Menlo Park Satellite Office (Tuesdays 1-5pm ONLY): Onetta Harris Community Center, 100 Terminal Ave, Menlo Park, CA 94025

County of San Mateo - Department of Housing
Provides rental housing assistance to extremely low, very low and low income households through various programs including Section 8. Please contact directly for more information. 

Local affordable apartments

Please note that the following apartment complexes are not owned or operated by the City of Menlo Park. This information is provided on a referral basis only.

Gateway Apartments, Willow Court and Willow Terrace
These three complexes provide affordably-priced rental units. MidPen Housing, a nonprofit affordable housing developer, operates all three complexes.

Crane Place and Partridge Place
These two complexes provide affordable rental housing to seniors. Both complexes are operated by Peninsula Volunteers, a nonprofit organization. 
Crane Place: 650-325-2442
Partridge Place: 650-324-3160